Extract from the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation
Type: Government Regulatory legal acts
from the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation
№ 63-FZ of June 13,1996
(amended as of December 6. 2011 by the Federal Law № 401 -FZ
‘'On Introducing Amendments to the Federal Law “On Protection of
Competition" and Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation")
Article 178. Preventing, Restricting or Eliminating Competition
- Preventing, restricting or eliminating competition by entering economic entities-competitors into competition-restricting agreements (cartels), repeatedly abusing dominant position by fixing or maintaining monopolistically high or monopolistically low prices for the goods, unreasonably refusing to enter into a contract or evading a contract, and restricting market entry, if those actions have inflicted heavy damages to citizens, organizations or the state or resulted in gaining income on a large-scale,
are punishable by a fine from 300,000 to 500,000 Rubles, or in the amount of the salary of a convicted person or other income received during a period of one or two years, or imprisonment for up to three years, with or without depriving of the right to hold certain positions or be involved in certain activities for up to one year.
- The same actions:
а) exercised by a person, abusing his/her position;
б) associated with liquidating or damaging somebody else's property, or the threat of its liquidation or damaging, in the absence of the elements of extortion;
в) which inflicted especially heavy damages or resulted in gaining income on especially large scale,
are punishable by imprisonment for up to six years and imposing a fine in the amount of up to one million Rubles, or the salary of a convicted person or other income received during the period for up to five years, or without imposing a line, wilh or without depriving of the right to hold certain positions or be involved in certain activities for one to three years.
3. Actions specified in Parts l or 2 of this Article, and committed with violence or a threat of violence,
are punishable by imprisonment for up to seven years, with or without depriving of the right to hold certain positions or be involved in certain activities for one to three years.
Notes. 1. In this Article, “income gained on a large scale” means income exceeding five million Rubles, and “income gained on especially large scale” means income exceeding twenty five million Rubles.
- “Heavy damages” means damages exceeding one million Rubles, and “especially heavy damages” are damages exceeding three million Rubles.
- A person who committed a crime, specified in the Article, is relieved from criminal liability if this person assisted exposing and investigating the crime, compensated the damages or rectified damage in any other way inflicted as a result of actions specified in this Article, and if the person’s actions do not constitute any other crime.
- A person is considered repeatedly abusing dominant position if this person committed more than two actions within three years, for which this person was made administratively liable".